As one of the of the leading software’s for business entrepreneurs and freelancer professionals, QuickBooks has many useful tools to make your accounting experience hassle free and efficient.
In this blog post we will cover the different features and function of the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to fix errors that occur in QuickBooks desktop.
Maybe you have already experienced certain errors when opening your company files in your QuickBooks Desktop.
These can be due to network problems or a wrong set-up for the multi-user mode.
Usually these errors show up as codes, like H-series error codes, Other issues can revolve around Microsoft.NET, MSXML and also C++ components.
If you are facing Network or server connectivity issues with QuickBooks pro or Enterprise desktop software on multi-user mode than read the article to find a complete solution to this issues
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool was developed to help troubleshooting these problems by enabling a suitable connection for your QuickBooks company data files and the QuickBooks Database Manager of the application.
The tool is designed to guide you through all the required steps to diagnose and resolve whatever issues there might be.
Step 1: Diagnostic tool download & Installation
- Step 1: Here you can Download the Connection Diagnostic Tool . Open the tool by double clicking on the exe file from your download folder and follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- Step 2: In most cases after the installation is complete the Diagnostic Tool will open automatically. Once the tool has been successfully installed you can use the QuickBooks diagnostic tool to fix your network or server errors easily.
How to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool ?
Test for Connectivity
This feature enables you to run a test on the connectivity between your workstation and the server.
To test the connectivity of your computer, please follow these steps:
- Next to Company File field should be a button. To locate your file, click on this button
- On computers that are using Linux as Operating System, the checkbox Change Hosting Server should be selected, if the network setup is in alternate mode.
- To test all statuses at the same time, click on the button Test Connectivity. Prior to running the test, all statuses are shown as ‘Not Applicable’ and in blue. Only after the test is finished, they appear in either green – no problem – or red – problem detected.
- In case that the test failed, the File Open Status will appear in red color. Also the section for advanced options is going to show all the areas that were tested. With the help of the link ‘What do these mean?‘ you can learn more the problem itself and how to solve it in further steps. The same is possible by link for the interpretation of the connectivity test.
- If the status shows resolved, re-run the test a second time to make sure that there are no more problems. In this case a notification saying ‘File Open Status: Successful’ will pop up.
- Repeat the following steps on all the Users computers running QuickBooks to make sure everyone is able to access the same company file from their respective devices.
Status of the Firewall
With the help of this function you will be able to get information about the firewall settings of your computer and if you might have to readjust them for QuickBooks to run without any errors.
Diagnose Connection Tab
By running this Tab you can check the setup of your computer to make sure that all your company data files are available from all your devices from which you are using QuickBooks, no matter if you only one user or multi-user. Incorrect settings for these authorizations can lead to errors.
At the end:
The QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool should be able to solve most of the problems occuring with the connection of your company file in multi-user mode or access the file fromt he server or network.
Incase your issue was not resolved following the above instructions please reachout to our customer support team for further support on this issue.