"QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool"To fix errors
If you are facing Network or server connectivity issues with QuickBooks pro or Enterprise desktop software on multi-user mode or errors such as6000 77, 6000 80 or 6000 304 then read the article to find a complete solution to this errors.
“ Excellent services, Easy to reachout for help anytime you are facing any QuickBooks technical issues” Lisa Mcguire_ Landscaping in Arizona-
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
As one of the of the leading softwares for business entrepreneurs and freelancer professionals, QuickBooks has many useful tools to make accounting for your company hassle free and efficient.
One of these very helpful tools is going to described in detail in today’s blog post, so that you can learn all the necessary steps to apply the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool correctly.
Maybe you have already experienced certain errors when opening your company files in your QuickBooks Desktop. These can be due to network problems or a wrong set-up for the multi-user mode. Usually these errors show up as codes, like H202, H505 and other H-series error codes, as well as codes from the 6000 series like 6000 77, 6000 80 or 6000 304. Other issues can revolve around Microsoft.NET, MSXML and also C++ components.
If you are facing Network or server connectivity issues with QuickBooks pro or Enterprise desktop software on multi-user mode or errors such as6000 77, 6000 80 or 6000 304 thank read the article to find a complete solution to this issues
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool was developed to help troubleshooting these problems by enabling a suitable connection for your QuickBooks company data files and the QuickBooks Database Manager of the application. The tool is designed to guide you through all the required steps to diagnose and resolve whatever issues there might be.
Step 1: Here you can Download the Connection Diagnostic Tool . Open the tool by double clicking on the exe file from your download folder and follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
Step 2: In most cases after the installation is complete the Diagnostic Tool will open automatically. Once the tool has been successfully installed you can use the QuickBooks diagnostic tool to fix your network or server errors easily.
How to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool ?
Test for Connectivity
This feature enables you to run a test on the connectivity between your workstation and the server.
To test the connectivity of your computer, please follow these steps:
- Next to Company File field should be a button. To locate your file, click on this button
- On computers that are using Linux as Operating System, the checkbox Change Hosting Server should be selected, if the network setup is in alternate mode.
- To test all statuses at the same time, click on the button Test Connectivity. Prior to running the test, all statuses are shown as ‘Not Applicable’ and in blue. Only after the test is finished, they appear in either green – no problem – or red – problem detected.
- In case that the test failed, the File Open Status will appear in red color. Also the section for advanced options is going to show all the areas that were tested. With the help of the link ‘What do these mean?‘ you can learn more the problem itself and how to solve it in further steps. The same is possible by link for the interpretation of the connectivity test.
- If the status shows resolved, re-run the test a second time to make sure that there are no more problems. In this case a notification saying ‘File Open Status: Successful’ will pop up.
- Repeat the following steps on all the Users computers running QuickBooks to make sure everyone is able to access the same company file from their respective devices.
Status of the Firewall
With the help of this function you will be able to get information about the firewall settings of your computer and if you might have to readjust them for QuickBooks to run without any errors.
Diagnose Connection Tab
By running this Tab you can check the setup of your computer to make sure that all your company data files are available from all your devices from which you are using QuickBooks, no matter if you only one user or multi-user. Incorrect settings for these authorizations can lead to errors
Conclusion:The QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool should be able to solve most of the problems occuring with the connection of your company file in multi-user mode or access the file fromt he server or network.
Incase your issue was not resolved following the above instructions please reachout to our customer support team for further support on this issue.
Article Name: QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to FIX errors.
Article Description: Instructions on downloading and using the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to solve network and server connectivity errors while using the QuickBooks company file on multi-user mode through the network.
Publisher Name: Account Pro Advisor
Christina is a QuickBooks Pro Advisor and a bookkeeper by profession, she has written several blogs and articles related to accounting and bookkeeping with quickbooks, her knowledge in QuickBooks is immense and she helps quickbooks users to get their bookkeeping done right and serves all major industries in the US.