If you come across QuickBooks error 3371 while trying to install QuickBooks desktop on windows 10 than make sure your PC is updated to the latest version of windows on which you are trying to install QuickBooks for accounting.
As error 3371 status code 11118 is rather a problem mostly related to outdated or damaged windows files and components and has little to do with the QuickBooks installation files itself.
Furthermore, as QuickBooks desktop runs on the top used operating systems such as windows & MAC mostly used by small businesses in the United states & Canada, its major focus is to create a stable platform to develop and deploy automatic updates to ensure compatibility and avoid critical errors with the accounting solution.
This helps to maintain the necessary files and components required to avoid QuickBooks Error 3371 status code error 11118 in Windows 10 to ensure QuickBooks is compatible with windows during the setup process.
When you experience QuickBooks Installation error 3371 this indicates that the following components such as Qbresgistration.DAT and a ecml file that stores the QuickBooks license information in windows is missing or damaged. This issue occurs while installing QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise Desktop versions.
Therefore during installation QuickBooks is unable to validate the license properties for the version you are trying to open.
Here is an image of the error box that prompts on your screen:
This may be caused my missing or damaged files”.
What are the several out comes of error 3371?
- QuickBooks enterprise desktop version will not install.
- Company data files will be inaccessible.
- initially you will experience QuickBooks running slow, freeze or stop responding.
When Error code 3371 Occurs?
Though this issue is related to numerous missing or damaged files on your operating system, However here is a list of those circumstances under which you would see the 3371 error during installation or license validation.
- The hard drive on which QuickBooks was installed was recently cloned.
- You deleted a file or folder that contains extensions and components for the program to function properly on your operating system
- Transferring QuickBooks license from an old computer to a new one.
- A system crash or unexpected shut down of your PC might have corrupted QB installations files.
- Installing QuickBooks for the first time with a new license
- Accidently disconnected a drive or hardware on which the software was initially installed.
This article will help you to look at the several Causes and guide you to Recreate the damaged entielmentdatastore.ecml file in windows and repair the Qbregistration.dat file in the QuickBooks installation folder to resolve error 3371 status code 11104 after cloning hard drive.
7 Reasons to cause QuickBooks error 3371
- EntitlementDataStore.ecml that stores QB license information is damaged.
- The QBregistration.dat component is missing or corrupted.
- Damaged MSXML Components in windows.
- Incomplete Windows update
- Outdated Operating system
- The Windows system files are corrupted.
- System security program or antivirus has quarantined QuickBooks files.
How to Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
During this troubleshooting process we are going to inspect the files that is required to validate the license properties.
Besides installation if you encounter issues such as syncing your data in QuickBooks desktop This simply means that you need repair the program files.
Step 1: Use Tools Hub to repair QuickBooks
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tools hub.
- Save the installer to your desktop
- Open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Follow the commands on your screen and complete the installation.
- A tools hub icon will be placed on your desktop screen double click to open the app.
- Once tools hub is open go to Quick fix my software or program.
- You will be prompted to choose from a number of installation issues.
- Choose QuickBooks 3371 error from the list and hit press OK.
The QB tools hub is a all in one tool that can fix most common errors with a click. Here you can read more about the several ways tools hub can create a user friendly experience making it easier for you to fix common errors and issues.
Step 2: fix damaged EntitlementDatastore.ecml file
If tools hub was unable to fix your program than manually deleting the ecml file is the alternative option though this might sound a little techy but with our easy guide you should be able to perform the following troubleshooting steps to resolve error 3371.
Deleting the ecml file will help you to re-enter your product license number by creating a new file and inform the application that your product is valid and registered.
- Press the Windows key & Letter R simultaneously.
- This would open the “Run Box” on your screen.
- According to the version you purchased type one of the following commands into the run box and hit enter. If the first command path doesn’t open the folder than try the second one.
- C:ProgramDATAintuitEntitlement Clientv8
- C:ProgramDATAintuitEntitlement Clientv6
- Notice the EntitlementDatastore.ecml from the list.
- Right click on the file and choose to delete.
- Confirm with yes.
- Go back Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Follow the On screen instructions and complete registering your software.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks in Safe mode
Before you start your computer in safe mode make sure to backup your company file and make a note of your license number and product ID. You will need this info to continue installation in safe mode.
- Open the “run command box” by Pressing Windows Key and letter R simultaneously.
- Type in the run box “msconfig” and hit OK.
- Go to the General Tab.
- Choose the selective startup option and check the boxes that says “Load system services” and “Load startup items”.
- Now from the top menu select Services Tab and mark the box that says “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Than select Disable all.
- Once disabled than Unmark the Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Scroll through the list of services to confirm that windows installer box is checked, If not make sure to check the box.
- Press ok.
- Choose Restart from the system configuration windows.
- After the system restarts try installing your product.
- If QB gets successfully installed, Restart your computer to switch back to normal windows startup mode.
- Open the run box once again pressing the windows + R.
- Type in msconfig and hit enter on your keyboard.
- From the general tab choose startup type normal
- press ok
- Now from the configuration window click on restart.
Step 4: Install a new copy of QuickBooks desktop
This will help you create a fresh copy of your QuickBooks desktop version replacing the old installation files with the updated ones. Uninstalling the program does not effect your company files or data.
However for user information besides solving installation issues the clean install tool can also help you solve several company file related issues that occur with the software.
Before you start:
- Gather your product information
- If you registered QB online than you you will find the license number on your registered email or on the package if you purchased it at BestBuy or Office depot.
- If you are unable to locate the info no problem simply log into account.management.portal to view your info.
- Use your registered email address and password to login.
- Click on the QB version and make a note of your license number and product ID.
First undo the old instllation and reinstall a new copy
- Open Control panel form the Windows start menu search bar.
- To uninstall go to programs and features or uninstall a program.
- Now you have a list of programs installed on your system, Find QuickBooks from the list.
- Right-click on QB and choose to uninstall or from the top menu bar choose uninstall/change and than press remove. ( You may need to login as windows Administrator to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once uninstall is complete restart windows and login.
- Open the official Intuit page to Download QuickBooks.
- The installation process is easy to follow and guided with on screen instructions.
- When it asks for your License number and product ID enter the info you gathered earlier and complete clean installations process.
Once Installation is complete and QB is open on your screen, Go to your company file folder and open a company file or create a sample file from the start screen. If everything is working normally and you don’ see the error than your problem has been fixed. If not move on to step 4.
Step 5: Fix Microsoft .Net Framework
For QuickBooks to function properly on a windows operating system it is important that windows components such as Microsoft .NET Framework is updated and working properly. If this file has an issue you might be close to understanding why your QuickBooks install is unable to complete.
Activate .Net Framework in Windows 10, 8.1, and 8 ?
- Exit out of all the programs.
- Go to Windows Start Menu
- Search “Control Panel” and open.
- Open Programs and features.
- Now from the top menu click Program.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off option.
- Try to find .NET Frame Work from the list.
You will find more than one version of .NET Framework installed on your PC, select the settings for both .NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Similarly perform the same steps for .NET Framework 4.5,4.6,4.7 and 4.8 depending on the version of Framework installed on your work station.
- Always choose the latest version of Framework.
- To choose select the .NET Framework version to turn on.
- Press Ok to save changes.
- Restart your Workstation.
If you find that the desired version of Framework is already turned on and running than Uncheck the box to turn off.
- Press OK.
- And restart your computer.
- When your computer is back up and running follow the above steps to navigate to Framework folder once again and turn the settings back on.
Additionally you would also want to update your Service pack. So make sure you also choose the latest service pack that is 3.5 SP1 from the list.
Once you have performed the above steps correctly than restart your computer and open QuickBooks and your company file.
Don’t see the QuickBooks error 3371 than your problem is Fixed.
Step 6: Update Windows
- Go to the windows logo
- Choose all programs and select Windows Update.
- Once the updates are installed, Reinstall QuickBooks.
- For further information on windows update and how to update windows refer to this Microsoft tutorial
The information and the troubleshooting steps presented in this article cover the most useful methods and ways to fix your software installation issues on windows. The reason behind QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 is either a damaged Entitlement.ecml file, missing QBRegistration.dat file or outdated windows component. Although the error code that prompts on the screen to validate QuickBooks license properties may differ for each individual user.
Nonetheless the troubleshooting steps remain the same for all users and if you have followed all the steps correctly than your problem must have been fixed by now.
If you have tried everything but continue to face problems with 3371 error than contact our customer service representatives for further help. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +1 971 205 3827.