QuickBooksError OLSU1013"Fix to connect bank account"
In this article you will learn what causes the QuickBooks Error OLSU1013 when trying to connect a bank account and how to resolve with 4 options to troubleshoot the issue.
“ Excellent services, Easy to reachout for help anytime you are facing any QuickBooks technical issues” Lisa Mcguire_ Landscaping in Arizona-
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013
The banking feature in QuickBooks allows you to connect your business or personal bank account to download transactions directly from the bank into the QuickBooks software, The QuickBooks Error OLSU1013 occurs when there is a communication issue between your bank and the company file. You get an error message saying: “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again. Error message number: OLSU-1013”
The goal of this article is to guide you through a number of diagnoses and troubleshooting steps to fix the issue QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 effectively and accomplish reconnecting your bank account and continue to reconcile your statements without any further interruptions.
Causes for QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013
3 Reasons why you encounter the error QuickBooks Error message OLSU 1013 while trying to setup online banking?
- Problems at your bank – Critical alerts when trying to log into your bank account directly on the website of your bank, or if your financial institution has made changes to their service offerings, For example, the two ways the bank allows you to connect wiht QuickBooks such as Web Connect or Direct Connect service. Furthermore the issue could lie in the changes of the banks name (bank merger) that needs to be updated in your QuickBooks. And sometimes it is simply because the server of your bank might be down.
- Problems with your internet connection – Your internet connection is not strong enough or unstable.
- Problems with your accounts in your QuickBooks company file – The issue lies directly in the bank account information of your QuickBooks company data file, or there is an inactive bank account connected for your QB Online Banking.
A check list Before you begin to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error OLSU1013
- Make sure that your version of QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest release.
- Ensure that your internet connection is stable and good enough for this work process.
- Sign in to the Online Banking of your bank to test if the log-in info is accurate.
- Update the Internet Explorer on your device.
- Check if your QuickBooks Desktop is set for the single-user mode.
Start to Fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013
Option No. 1 – TLS 1.2 Protocol
- Make sure that your Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version.
- Open the Internet Explorer and double-click on the Gear Icon which you can find in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Select Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab.
- Scroll down a bit to the Security section and un-mark USE TLS 1.0 and instead mark USE TLS 1.2.
- Confirm by clicking on Apply and then OK.
- Close all of the progra ms you are using at the moment, restart your device and check if Error OLSU 1013 is resolved.
Option No. 2 – Create a new company file for test purposes
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and choose New Company from the File Menu.
- Click on Express Start and add the bank account that is causing you problems.
- Go ahead and set up your account for Bank Feeds with the new company you just created.
- Now download Bank Feed Transaction to run a test on the bank account that was not working before.
Option No. 3 – Create and merge accounts
- With your cursor make a right-click on the bank account that is causing trouble.
- Select Edit Account, highlight the name of the account and then click on Copy.
- Add (*) at the very end of the current account name.
- Click on the tab for the settings of the Bank Feed and choose Deactivate All Online Services.
- Now click on Save & Close.
- Find Charts of Accountants and create a new account.
- Go ahead and paste the account name that you copied before into the field. Remove the (*) of the name.
- Close and open the file again. Then click on the Chart of Accountants with the (*).
- Now make again a right-click with your cursor on the account and select Edit Account.
- Delete the (*), save the changes and close.
- In case the dialog box for a merge warning comes up, click on Yes.
- Set up a new account for Bank Feeds and download transactions to your merged account.
Option No. 4 – Deactivate all of your accounts with online services
- Should you have multiple online banking accounts connected to your QuickBooks, the following steps will help you to determine from which account the issue originates from, since even only one account with an issue can interfere with the connection of the other accounts to the bank.
- Go to your Chart of Accounts and select the Include inactive checkbox, which you can find at the bottom of the window.
- For the inactive accounts: go ahead and deactivate Bank Feeds.
- Close the company file and re-open them again.
- Now do a new set up of each of your accounts for Bank Feeds.
Conclusion: QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 can become a nerve-racking issue to solve, since so much of the day-to-day business depends on the impeccable workflow with your online banking. We hope that this blog post gave you enough information on how to fix Error OLSU 1013 to quickly resume your work.
Should you still not feel confident enough to tackle the problem alone, do not risk further operational delays for your business and contact a professional QuickBooks Expert for instant andreliable support.
Article Name: QuickBooks Error OLSU1013
Article Description: While connecting a bank account or trying to download bank transactions within QuickBooks the OLSU1013 error shows up and interrupts your business operation, the detailed 4 trouble shooting options above will help you to fic the OLSU1013 error in QuickBooks and so you can continue with your business tasks once again.
Publisher Name: Account Pro Advisor
With decades of providing bookkeeping services to clients all over the US and setting up accounting solutions that fit their business client requirements Luna works as a CFO at APA LLC and does a marvelous job enlightening solution seekers through are blogs and articles.