Are you stuck with QuickBooks Error 102 while trying to connect your bank account to QuickBooks Online? Or maybe the 102 error prompts on your screen every time you try to download the transactions reports from your bank in to QuickBooks.
Find out what steps you can take when such errors occur between your bank and QuickBooks.
QuickBooks 102 Error is a Banking error, which means that the connection to your bank’s server fails when QuickBooks requests a secure connection. This usually happens when your bank or financial institutions website is either under maintenance or is facing a technical difficulty.
Among other issues that maybe directly related to QuickBooks or bank login credentials.
Furthermore, when this happens you won’t be able to update or connect your account into QuickBooks.
However, there is nothing to be concerned about. We’ve covered both the causes of this error and how to fix QuickBooks banking error 102 in this article.
5 reasons to cause QuickBooks Online Error 102
The reason for this error varies from user to user. It would be much easier to resolve bank error 102 if you knew where the problem was coming from. The following is a list of the most common reasons why users were unable to resolve a bank connection issue within QB.
- Check that your online banking is activated and that you can access it via your bank’s website.
- Incorrect Online Banking login credentials.
- QuickBooks is unable to establish a connection to your banks server.
- Financial institutions or Credit card companies website is under maintenance for a short period.
- Security update or changes made to your account.
1) Reconnect Bank manually to fix QuickBooks Bank Error 102
While adding a bank account to QuickBooks automatically may result in error code 102 for some users, another approach to avoid this is by connecting your financial institution or credit card account to QuickBooks Manually.
- Firstly login to QuickBooks Online.
- From the left click on transactions and select Banking.
- Now you have two choices “Connect Account” or “Upload Transactions”.
- Select Connect Account option.
- Now a list of most commonly used bank names appear on the page.
- Select your banks name and continue or use the search option to find the name of your bank.
- Once found than Select and continue to the next step.
- Login to your account.
QuickBooks is now linked to your bank; begin importing transactions to ensure the problem has been resolved completely. If you have no problems during the import process, QuickBooks Error 102 has been resolved.
2) Import transaction reports into QuickBooks
- When you log into your account, you will see a list of various account types, such as Business, Personal, Checking, and so on.
- Select one or more account you want to connect with QuickBooks.
- If you already have these accounts in your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts, select the appropriate account and QuickBooks will automatically categorize your transactions..
- If you have not created an account in chart of accounts before than simply select an account type and QuickBooks will create one for you.
- Choose a custom date or a complete year to instruct QuickBooks on how far you want QuickBooks to go when downloading transactions from your financial institution.
That’s all there is to it; depending on the number of transactions, this process may take some time to finish. If the download completes without a 102 bank error, then manually connecting your account has resolved the problem. If not, proceed to the second step to continue troubleshooting.
3) Check if your bank account is active
If you have already been using the QuickBooks Banking feature on a regular basis to download transaction and reconcile your bank statements in QB than your account is most likely already active.
However, if you’re trying to connect a bank account that doesn’t have a balance or hasn’t had any transactions in the last 12 months or more, it’s possible that your account is inactive.
When that is the case than you might not be able to login to your bank account through third part web-based applications in this case QB, Contact your bank right away to reactivate your account.
Once activated than try reconnecting.
4) Check your credit card and financial institutions website.
Checking your bank’s website can help you figure out what’s causing this connection error codes that QB users commonly see. QuickBooks Errors 102, 101, 103, and 105, for example, are frequently associated with banking issues.
The best way to find out is by looking at your bank’s service status page, if it has one.
You should be able to find the page by searching for “[bank name] service status” on the internet. If it does not exist, check your bank’s official social media channels to see if anything has been posted.
If your bank’s website is down for maintenance, please wait for them to finish and then try again in 24 hours.
Alternately, use Downdetector. This is the place where users officially report issues with websites or services. It also keeps track of the user’s location, which is useful if the problem is local.
If you are able to see the account login page than go ahead and login to your account to see if you have received any notifications or messages from your bank that requires you to make additional changes in the settings page which will than enable you to connect your bank account to QuickBooks without error 102.
5) Check Bank Notifications center to fix QuickBooks error code 102
- Open your bank or credit card company and log in. If you’re having trouble signing in with your current user ID and password, contact your financial institution to double-check that your login information is correct.
- Once you’ve logged in, check your message center to see if you’ve received any account-related notifications, then follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issues..
- After that, go over your account’s transaction page and history. If you are unable to view these pages a connection error may be the source of error 102.
A connection error indicates a problem with your bank. In that case, you can either wait a few hours and try again to see if you can view your transaction pages, or contact your bank to resolve the issue with your account.
To summarize, we hope this article has shed some light on the causes of bank connection issues with QuickBooks and that you have discovered how to fix QuickBooks error code 102.
And also we would like to conclude that when doing your banking online, be cautious. Many malicious parties will try to acquire access to your bank account by targeting you. Always be cautious and never give out personal information to any one over the phone unless you are directly dealing with Intuit or your Financial Institution.