The Outlook Email manager from Microsoft is used vastly among QuickBooks Users.it is simple yet a powerful email client as it is not just limited to sending emails but can also be integrated with various third-party software applications to provide with email functionality. You can use it as a default email client and start sending emails from within QuickBooks. If in case you are unable to send your email to outlook and come across an error saying “QuickBooks Outlook is not responding” don’t worry this may usually happen due to a configuration issue that can easily be fixed by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Continue reading this blog to find out what causes Outlook is not responding in QuickBooks error and why Outlook Freezes when Sending Emails from QuickBooks, below are mentioned a number of reasons along with the 7 most effective troubleshooting steps to help you fix the issue Outlook is not Responding QuickBooks 2019
What Causes “QuickBooks Email Outlook is Not Responding” Error?
Here are a few possible reasons why QuickBooks 2018 Outlook is not Responding.
- The Outlook email client is not properly installed on your windows computer and can cause outlook not working.
- Your Outlook email manager is unable to update to the latest release from Microsoft.
- The email configuration file MAPI32.dll for outlook is damaged or can’t be found on your PC due to which Outlook loading profile stuck.
- Invalid settings in Outlook or Internet Explorer.
- The QuickBooks Outlook is not responding Error can also be caused if the email client is running in the background processes while attempting to send an email through the application.
- QuickBooks is unable to communicate with any third-party application due to a firewall setting.
- Your QuickBooks desktop app is not updated to the latest release.
- The credentials required for Outlook and QuickBooks to communicate properly might have changed.
QuickBooks Outlook is not responding! Here’s how to fix it
Now that you know the possible causes for your issue, follow the given instructions below to resolve all problems if your Microsoft outlook not responding, crashing, or not opening.
Solution 1: Close all Outlook related processes through Task Manager
This solution supports windows 7 with 2007 or Outlook 2010 not responding Windows 10.
Because of some existing Outlook processes that are not responding and stuck in operation, all new instances of the application will fail to initiate successfully. Thus, one of the very first measures to apply is to close all oulook.exe processes through the Task Manager.
- Right-click on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen and choose Task Manager from the list.
- Go to the Processes tab and search Outlook in the list of the running apps.
- Click one time on the first process and then hit the End Process button in the bottom right corner of the Task Manager. Continue until you have ended all the Outlook processes from the list.
- Restart Outlook and try sending an email from QuickBooks to see if the issue has been fixed.
- If you find outlook stuck on processing or Outlook keeps crashing than follow solution 2 to continue troubleshooting.
Solution 2: Make sure that QuickBooks is not running as Administrator
- Modify the admin settings to ensure that all users have permission to use the Outlook email feature in QuickBooks
- To start with close your application and open the Windows start menu.
- Type QuickBooks into the search bar.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select Open File Location.
- Locate the QuickBooks.exe file in the folder, right-click on that file select Properties.
- Now choose Compatibility and then uncheck the box where it says Run this program as Administrator.
- If you are unable to uncheck, then go ahead and select Show Settings for All Users, to bring the option back up.
- Now select Apply and to confirm click OK.
Solution 3: Edit your email preferences in QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks application and go to the Edit tab.
- Click on Preferences and select Send Forms.
- Go to the My Preferences tab and choose the Send email using the option.
- Click OK, go back to the Edit tab, and select Preferences again.
- Now choose to Send Forms, click on QuickBooks Email from the My Preferences tab.
- Choose your preferences to Outlook and hit ok to confirm.
- Restart your computer and check if QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error has been resolved. If not follow the next step to see how do I fix outlook not opening.
Solution 4: Edit the Internet Explorer email preferences
- Close QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Settings > Internet options
- Select the Programs tab and choose Set Programs.
- Make sure that Microsoft Outlook is selected as the default email program.
- Click Apply and confirm with OK.
- Exit from Internet Explorer and retry sending an email through QuickBooks to check if this solution solves your issue
Solution 5: If you are using Windows 7 or Vista – Ensure that QuickBooks is not running in ‘Compatibility Mode’
- To begin troubleshooting with this solution please close all windows and exit from QuickBooks.
- Now right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and ensure that Run this program in compatibility mode is unchecked.
- Confirm with OK.
- Restart the application and try sending an email now.
Solution 6: Repair the MAPI32.dll file
If you have followed all the above steps but the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error has not been resolved and outlook not opening do not worry here are a few more steps that will guarantee a fix but may also require a bit of a technical knowledge to continue. If you are ready to proceed with the troubleshooting process continue by repairing the MAPI32.dll file.
- Exit out from all applications and programs running in the background.
- Open Windows File Manager and go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Search for the Fixmapi.exe file and double-click on it.
- The tool should automatically repair the MAPI32.dll file.
- Restart your computer, once restarted open QuickBooks and send an email to check if repairing the MAPI32 file has solved the problem or not. If not continue with Step 7.
Solution 7: Optimize your Outlook and reinstall QuickBooks with a clean install tool
- Exit out of all programs and applications.
- Open the Task Manager and make sure that all QuickBooks processes are closed as well.
- Now Download and run the Clean Install Tool to rename all the QuickBooks applications and program files.
- Restart your computer.
- Rename the remaining folders manually.
- Now uninstall QuickBooks and Reboot your computer.
- Download QuickBooks from an online source or install it using an installation disk, once installed enter your license number and product ID to continue.
- Once Installation is completely open and reactivates QuickBooks.
- Update your application and your company file.
- Finally, try to send an email and check if Microsoft Outlook 365 is now working properly again.
There is a little chance that your issue is still not fixed by following all the above solutions and your outlook keeps freezing because of which you are unable to send email through QuickBooks, In which case there is a possibility that there are either missing files in windows or a misconfiguration which needs to be diagnosed thoroughly to fix the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error. In case you have tried everything but still experiencing difficulties and outlook freezes than please contact our support team via our helpdesk. We have made it easy for you to receive help when you need, Just Dial +1-971-205-3827 to get help on the phone with your QuickBooks Issues
Article Name: “QuickBooks Outlook Not Responding”
Article Description: Learn how to resolve the QuickBooks Desktop “Microsoft Outlook 365 is not responding” issue.Since there can be multiple causes that lead to Outlook not responding, freezing, crashing or not opening, many different variables have to be checked and ruled out, in order to fix the problem permanently.
Publisher Name: Account Pro Advisor
Damian has served the Accounting industry for 16 years and has gained deeps insights on the features and functionality of several Accounting solutions and software’s, He serves as an CFO at APA LLC and is a QuickBooks users and expert with both technical and bookeeping skills.